Global Business Leaders Series – Brazil
Invest in Canada: Your Platform to the World
Rio de Janeiro
Invest in Canada, in partnership with the Consulate General of Canada in Rio de Janeiro, brought together business leaders, senior policy makers and key local industry representatives from the Rio de Janeiro region in Brazil and Canada for an informative discussion on Canada’s unique investment opportunities across a variety of industry sectors.
The business outreach program of this invitation-only event reached 54 participants from 53 Brazilian companies at the seminar and networking luncheon. The one-on-one meeting sessions resulted in 85 meetings held between Canadian cities’ and provinces’ economic development organizations and 44 Brazilian companies.
- Keynote address by Stéfane Marion, Chief Economist & Strategist, National Bank of Canada
- Dr. Paul Salvini, Chief Executive Officer, Accelerator Centre
- Albert De Luca, Tax Partner and National Leader of Global R&D/ Government Incentives, Deloitte
- Michael Darch, President, Consider Canada City Alliance
- Alex Lucena, Chief Executive Officer, 4H Tecnologia em Saúde
The event proved to be a success as it created awareness and positive messaging around Canada. With a top performing economy, sound banking system, highly skilled workforce, low taxes, and a commitment to free and open trade, evidenced by NAFTA, and soon the Canada-European Union Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA), Canada is an excellent location for investors.