Global Business Leaders Series – Brazil
São Paulo: | Rio de Janeiro:
The Global Business Leaders Series made two stops in Brazil in the lead up to the Toronto 2015 Pan Am Games. These exclusive, invitation-only gatherings brought together international business leaders, influencers and industry champions from across Canada and Brazil to discuss the theme of Globally Competitive Cities. Held in partnership with Câmara de Comércio Brasil-Canadá in Sao Paulo and the Federation of Industries of the State of Rio de Janeiro, the two events featured keynote presentations, panel discussions and investor testimonials that highlighted Canada’s attractive investment opportunities across a variety of industry sectors.
A Canadian delegation comprised of Canadian cities and provinces, including members of the Consider Canada City Alliance (CCCA), participated and met one-on-one with business executives to discuss the many investment benefits and opportunities in Canada.
Speakers in Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro included:
- Craig Alexander, Senior Vice-President and Chief Economist, TD Bank Group
- John Longbottom, Smart Cities Leader, IBM Canada Ltd.
- Mike Darch, President, Consider Canada City Alliance
- André Roberto Leitão, Executive Director, Global Corporate Development, Votorantim Cimentos (São Paulo)
- Marcio Senne de Moraes, Director, External Affairs, Vale (Rio de Janeiro)
With a top performing economy, sound banking system, highly skilled workforce, low taxes, and a commitment to free and open trade, evidenced by NAFTA, the recently announced Canada-European Union Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA), and our ongoing participation in the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade negotiations, Canada is an excellent location for investors.