The CanExport program is a five-year, $50-million Government of Canada program that provides direct financial assistance to small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs) registered in Canada that are seeking to develop new export opportunities and markets, especially high-growth emerging markets.
Delivered by the Trade Commissioner Service (TCS) of Global Affairs Canada, in partnership with the National Research Council Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC-IRAP), CanExport provides financial support for a wide range of export marketing activities.
The CanExport program:
- Reimburses up to 50 percent of eligible expenses:
- Requires that the applicant match funds on a one-to-one basis;
- Provides a minimum contribution of $10,000 (requires that the total cost of eligible activities be at least $20,000) and a maximum contribution of $99,999 (which requires that the total cost of eligible activities be at least $199,998);
- Is open, with few exceptions, to all industry sectors. Note: the agriculture and processed food, fish and seafood, and wine, beer and spirits sectors are excluded from CanExport because companies active in these particular sectors and looking for export support are eligible to apply through Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada’s AgriMarketing program.
- Is open, with few exceptionsFootnote 1, to companies looking at export markets worldwide.
- Date Modified: