Learn how Canada advances democracy through foreign policy and international development assistance.
A free and robust civil society is fundamental to any democracy.
The Rule of law provides a level playing field for communities, businesses and individuals to support poverty reduction.
An inclusive society empowers marginalized individuals and supports sustainable development.
Inequality, lack of transparency and corruption lead to poor service delivery.
Corruption decreases the amount of money that can be used to reduce poverty and promote economic growth.
Public financial management underlies all government activity and incorporates all components of a country's budget.
What we are doing
Laws and regulations
- Official Development Assistance Accountability Act
- International Development (Financial Institutions) Assistance Act
- Project Browser Data Set
- International Aid Transparency Initiative
- Statistical Report on International Assistance – by Country Spending
- Statistical Report on International Assistance – by Multilateral Organization
- Statistical Report on International Assistance 2013-2014
- Statistical Report on International Assistance 2012-2013
- Statistical Report on International Assistance 2011-2012
- Date Modified: