Common Services Administrative Assistance
Classification Level: LE – 05
Salary: €35,963 Euros
Organization/Location: Embassy of Canada, Dublin, Ireland
Hours of Work: 37.5hrs
Type of Employment: Term/Indeterminate
Closing date: by COB Monday, October 23rd, 2017
An eligibility list will be created from this process. Other similar positions might be filled from this eligibility list.
Under supervision, provides business management and executive administrative support services to the Management Consular Officer (MCO);
- Performs verification of accounts, invoice processing, preparation, scanning and filing invoices in P2P;
- Responsible for verifying accuracy of data entry and forwarding/liaising with the London CSDP /Accounting Section;
- Develop a program for maintenance, repair, upkeep of Crown owned/leased properties;
- Maintain property and service related records; Organise and implement purchasing of all materials for mission (receipts, storage, distribution and disposal);
- Coordinate with different agents all shipments shipped to and from mission and prepare appropriate documentation for clearance;
- Provide support to CBS during the relocation season and perform other duties when required;
- Prepare reports for signature;
- Support Mission events and logistics planning and support regional focus of program by supporting administrative interactions and proactively cooperating with regional offices relating to normal job duties;
- Coordinate payment of invoices;
- Responds to service requests from clientele and performs other duties as required.
Area of selection/eligibility
This position is open to individuals who are eligible to work in Dublin, Ireland, who meet all of the essential requirements stated below, and whose applications are received by the closing date. Open to Internal and External candidates.
Please note the Embassy does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interview nor does it reimburse any relocation costs.
If candidates need any special assistance in terms of attending interviews or participating in the interview process then please let us know whilst making the application.
The Canadian Government is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from diverse sections of the community. Candidates will be considered on merit regardless of ethnic origin, religious belief, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other factor.
Closing Date: COB Monday October 23rd , 2017.
Candidates must demonstrate in their covering letter how they meet the essential language, experience and education criteria.
- English Language - essential
- University degree from a recognized university or an acceptable combination of education and work experience as an executive assistant
- Familiarity with assisting high level executives carry out daily operational tasks which consists of written correspondence, emails, event planning and telephone calls
- Experience in working with financial and administrative processes and procedures
- Experience in working with at least two of the following areas:
- Financial operations
- Accounting processes
- Property, services and events management
- Ability to communicate with high level officials, clients and contacts in an effective and respectful manner
- Experience in providing briefings and preparing material for presentations; responding to client enquiries, conducting research, drafting reports
- Experience contributing to a team of business professionals in achieving organisational objectives/goals
Candidates must also meet the Rated Requirements shown below, which will be assessed through any of the following: written test, oral communication, role play, interview and reference checks.
- Knowledge of standard office suite software applications (Microsoft applications, Excel, Word, Outlook) and other accounting packages/financial systems
Knowledge of administrative processes, standard office procedures and practicesKnowledge of general business research skills
- Client Focus, ability to provide quality services to clients
- Effective Interactive Communication-oral and written
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Ability to function as part of and contribute to a team
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Attention to details
Only candidates that meet the experience and education criteria will be invited for assessment of the knowledge, ability/skills and competency criteria. These elements will be assessed throughout the selection process by any of the following means - written test, oral communication, role play, interview and reference checks.
Preference may be given to candidates who have the following asset qualifications
Fluency in French. Please specify your ability to communicate in French, both orally and in writing.
Experience / Knowledge:
- Previous experience in a Government or public Sector environment
- Knowledge of the operations of a Canadian Mission Abroad
- Additional professional certifications including any related to managing projects or events.
If candidates meet the factors listed in the asset qualifications they must also clearly demonstrate how they meet these factors in their covering letter.
- Work 37.5 hours per week, 5 days a week
Ability to work overtime occasionally after normal working hours
Conditions of employment
Any job offer is subject to receipt of satisfactory references and the ability to obtain and maintain an Enhanced Reliability security screening (including a criminal record and credit check).
Proof of right to work in Ireland and copies of educational qualifications will be required at the interview stage of the process.
An automated acknowledgment of receipt of applications will be sent. Only those candidates short listed to attend the Assessment Process will be contacted for further assessment shortly after the closing date.
Persons interested in applying should forward an up to date C.V and a covering letter clearly explaining how they meet both the Essential and Asset Qualifications (if appropriate) to:
Contact: Deborah Rogan
Ref: DUBLN - CSA 10/2017 (Please quote in all correspondence)
When submitting your application by email, please ensure that your full name and title are clearly shown i.e.: Mr. John Smith.
Please note we do not accept paper applications
- Date Modified: