Capacity Building Program Support Officer
Position title: Capacity Building Program Support Officer
Appointment Process No: AMMAN-LE07-2017
Type: specified term employment
Department: Embassy of Canada in Amman, Jordan
Number of Vacancies: 1
Job Category: Political
Classification: LE 07
Salary range: 16,790 JOD per year as a minimum, subject to further discussion based on relevant previous experience
Location: Amman, Jordan
Closing date: 16:00 Amman time, October 11, 2017
Summary of Duties
Support the delivery of capacity building programming in Jordan by acting as liaison with the different agencies of the Government of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan and donor partners; preparing hand over ceremonies; support visits; draft reports on visits and hand over ceremonies and on thematic issues of interest; monitoring local media; preparing content for the security programming social media posts; drafting press releases and speeches; and developing a plan for and carrying out project tracking and monitoring.
The employee may also be required to support Global Affairs Canada's Peace and Stabilization Operations Program (PSOPs) and the WMD Threat Reduction Program, particularly with regards to the organization of handover ceremonies and visits.
Area of selection/Eligibility
This position is open to Canadian citizens in Amman, who meet all of the essential requirements stated below, and whose applications are received by the closing date.
The Canadian Government is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from diverse sections of the community. Candidates will be considered on merit regardless of ethnic origin, religious belief, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other irrelevant factor.
Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with a major in a discipline related to the job requirements (e.g. business administration, political science, international relations, international studies, and International development studies) or an equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience.
Proficiency in English (oral and written)
- Minimum one year experience working in an office environment.
- Experience in organizing activities with partners.
- Experience in conducting research, analysis and the drafting of reports, including media monitoring.
- Experience in extracting and analysing financial information from Excel, databases and other financial systems.
- Knowledge of Canadian government priorities and polices in the Middle East.
- Knowledge of use of a range of computer applications, including but not limited to MS word, MS Outlook, MS Excel.
- Knowledge of project management, including budgets, monitoring, and reporting.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
- Ability to work independently, manage priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain a network of contacts.
- Be action oriented and demonstrate initiative.
- Exercise sound judgment.
- Teamwork and cooperation.
- Effective interpersonal relations.
Proficiency in French and/or Arabic (oral and written)
- Experience in marketing and/or promotional activities and / or in managing and preparing content through traditional or social media.
- Experience in participate in the planning and execution of visits.
- Knowledge of local, regional and international security issues, in particular counter-terrorism issues.
- Required to work overtime sometimes on a short notice (evenings and weekends if necessary).
- Required to travel outside Amman sometimes on a short notice.
Conditions of Employment
- Open to external applicants and to all mission employees occupying an indeterminate or term position, including emergency employees. Must already possess a Government of Canada ‘secret’ clearance.
This contract is expected to commence as soon as the hiring process is over and conclude by March 2019. Based on operational needs, funding and satisfactory performance the contract can be renewed for up to two one-year extensions, if mutually agreed.
How to apply
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: “Capacity Building Program Support Officer: Applicant Name.” Applications should be written in English or French and must include:
- A one page cover letter outlining your interest, availability and suitability for the contract. Candidates must identify in their cover letter how they meet all the essential requirements outlined under experience and education and as many of the asset requirements as relevant;
- Curriculum vitae;
- Names and contact details for three references familiar with the candidate’s project management work done within the past five years.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within the weeks following the application closing date.
- Deadline for receipt of applications is: 16:00 Amman time, October 11, 2017
Applications without the requested information will not be processed.
- Candidates are entitled to participate in the appointment process in the official language (English or French) of their choice. They are asked to indicate their preferred official language in their application (English or French).
- Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required.
- Candidates who apply to this selection process should include an email address that accepts email from unknown users (some email systems block these types of email).
- Candidates selected at the screening stage will be invited for further assessment. Methods of assessment may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, an oral interview and/or other tests.
- Reference checks will be sought for candidates that reach the interview stage and will form part of the selection process.
- The Embassy of Canada in Jordan does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interviews/exams.
- If candidates need any special assistance in terms of attending exams or interviews please inform us during in your initial application email.
- The results of this competition may also be used to establish an eligibility list of staff for this or similar openings at the Embassy of Canada in Jordan, which might arise in the 12 months following the completion of this competition.
- Candidates making it to the interview stage will be required to provide proof of Canadian citizenship.
- If you have any questions at any stage of the process please send an email to email@example.com, with the title of the competition in the email title.
- Date Modified: