Evaluation Consulting Team – Education Sector
Closing date for applications: November 4, 2017
Compensation: Based on financial proposal submitted
Vacancy type: Term – Consulting Services
Classification: Consultant Team
Duration: Up to four months
Estimated Level of Effort: Up to 90 working days for the Consultant Team
Location: Amman- Jordan
For detailed information on the full Terms of Reference for this consultancy, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com
Submit application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Summary of position: The objective for selecting the team of two consultants is to conduct an independent formative (midterm) evaluation of the Canada-funded Scaling-Up Teacher Professional Development for Quality Education (TPD4QE) as described in the Terms of Reference.
- Evaluation Team Leader (ETL): A Master’s degree in Social Sciences; Education; Teacher Education; Public Administration; or International Development Studies.
- Local Education Specialist: A Master’s degree in Public Administration, Education, Education Administration, Curriculum and Supervision, Teacher Education and or any related specialisation at the graduate level.
- Evaluation Team Leader (ETL): Must be an evaluator at an intermediate level (as a minimum), in addition to having the following: Experience with evaluation mandates, experience in working in developing countries and/or the Middle East region/Jordan, experience in Teacher Professional Development, In-Service teacher training programs, school network programs, general pedagogy and subject-specific pedagogy, educational leadership programs, and knowledge of statistical analysis.
- Local Education Specialist: Experience as a subject matter specialist in the education sector in Jordan; experience working on mandates related to primary education in similar country context; experience using results-based management methodology and development evaluation procedures.
- Evaluation Team Leader (ETL): Fluency (proficiency level 4) in spoken and written English.
- Local Education Specialist: Advanced Professional Proficiency (3+) in spoken and written English, Advanced Professional proficiency (4) in spoken and written Arabic.
- Evaluation Team Leader (ETL): Knowledge of Computer Assistive Qualitative Data Analysis, and General Professional Proficiency (3) in spoken and written Arabic.
- Local Education Specialist: Experience working on teacher training and pedagogical supervision.
The duration of the contract is up to four months; the estimated level of effort is up to 90 working days. The evaluation is expected to start in January 2018, and the final evaluation report is expected to be submitted to DFATD on or before 30 April 2018.
Candidates must each submit by email: 1) a résumé; 2) a covering letter indicating how they meet each of the qualifications; 3) three references of previous employers including current contact information; 4) a financial proposal (daily rate quoted in Canadian Dollars (CAD)) as a separate attachment for each consultant.
Condition(s) of Employment
The Team must be ready to travel within Jordan.
- Candidates are entitled to participate in the appointment process in the official language of their choice. They are asked to indicate their preferred official language in their application (English or French).
- Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required.
- Candidates who apply to this selection process should include an email address that accepts email from unknown users (some email systems block these types of email).
- Candidates selected at the screening stage will be invited for further assessment. Methods of assessment may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, and/or an oral interview.
- Reference checks will be sought for candidates that reach interview stage and may form part of the selection process.
- Date Modified: