Contracting and Procurement Assistant
The Embassy of Canada in Washington D.C. is hiring a Contracting and Procurement Assistant to work with the Common Service Delivery Point (CSDP) Section in Washington, DC.
Position title: Contracting and Procurement Assistant
Section: Contracting, Common Service Delivery Point (CSDP)
Location: Embassy of Canada, Washington, D.C.
Position no: EXT-TBD
Starting salary: $50,178 USD, plus benefits
Competition no: 21/17
Date posted: November 23, 2017
Closing date: December 13, 2017
Employment Tenure: Indeterminate
- Persons living in the Washington Metropolitan area.
- Employees of the Embassy of Canada in Washington, DC.
- Employees of any Canadian Mission in the United States. Relocation will not be paid in any circumstance.
- Spouses and dependents of Canada-based staff at the Embassy of Canada.
All applicants must:
- Meet all of the Essential Requirements stated below.
- Reside in the United States.
- Have independent work authorization in the United States and status in accordance with United States protocol directives for foreign missions.
- Submit resumes and cover letters by the closing date. The covering letter must specify, using concrete examples, how you meet the essential requirements, i.e., education, experience, for this position. All communication relating to this process, including email correspondence may be used in the assessment of qualifications.
Summary of duties:
Under the general supervision of the Contracting and Procurement Officer, the Contracting and Procurement Assistant is responsible for compiling, maintaining and entering data for basic materiel management, procurement and contracting activities in an assigned range of goods and services, for Washington Common Services Delivery Point (WSHDC CSDP) client missions. The responsibilities include working with WSHDC CSDP client missions on routine information requests related to procurement and contracting policies and document. The incumbent also provides administrative support for Regional Contract Review Board (RCRB) as well as other duties as assigned.
Fluency in English and French (both oral and written). Please indicate your level of knowledge in each language in your application.
Condition of employment (must be met):
- Eligibility for a Government of Canada Reliability Status which includes a criminal and credit background check; and
- Independent work authorization in the United States and status in accordance with United States protocol directives for foreign missions.
Candidates must demonstrate clearly how they meet the Education and Experience requirements listed below:
A degree from an accredited university or college or an acceptable combination of relevant experience, education, and training related to the duties and specific areas of competence required by the position.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience within the last five (5) years working in a high paced office environment;
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience entering large volumes of data into a software system, such as SAP, FAS;
- Experience providing client service; and
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite programs.
Candidates who meet the Education and Experience requirements will be assessed on the following qualifications. The assessment may be a written test, an interview, an in-basket exercise, a skills test, or any combination of these methods.
- Knowledge of basic administrative processes and procedures;
- Knowledge and proficiency in computer software, including Microsoft Office Suite, and databases; and
- Knowledge of the management of information and records, both electronically and in hard copy.
- Communicate effectively in English and French, both orally and in writing;
- Provide effective client service in person, by telephone, and electronically;
- Enter large volume of data into various software systems, ensuring accuracy and attention to detail;
- Manage multiple priorities; and
- Work independently when required or as a team member.
- Demonstrating integrity and respect;
- Thinking things through;
- Attention to detail;
- Working effectively with others; and,
- Showing initiative and being action-oriented.
- The ability to work in Portuguese would be an asset.
The staffing process will consist of a review of all applications to ensure that applicants meet the essential requirements. Please note that failure to meet any of the essential requirements eliminates candidates from further consideration in the competition. Only those applicants who meet these will be contacted by the Human Resources Section for an interview or other form of assessment of the Rated Requirements.
The assessment may include an interview, a written test and other tests that will consist of a series of questions designed to evaluate each applicant's knowledge, abilities and personal suitability for the position.
The Embassy offers a competitive salary, generous leave and a strong benefits package to include medical, dental, long term and short term disability, and a retirement savings plan to name a few.
The Embassy is committed to conducting inclusive, barrier-free selection processes.
Method of application:
Applications should be sent by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date. In completing their applications, candidates should confirm that they meet all the essential requirements and take care to relate their work experience to the position description and indicate the position number.
Hours of work:
Normal hours of work for this position are in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of Employment for Locally Engaged Staff (LES) in the United States of 37.5 hours per week. The incumbent will be required to work overtime on an as-needed basis.
- Date Modified: