Small and medium organizations for impact and innovation
The Government of Canada is dedicating $100 million to a five-year pilot initiative targeted at Canadian small and medium organizations (SMOs) . This pilot initiative seeks to engage Canadian SMOs in international assistance efforts in areas consistent with Canada’s new Feminist International Assistance Policy.
This initiative is a direct response to feedback we received during the International Assistance Review consultations to provide predictable opportunities to apply for funding to Canadian SMOs. It seeks to diversify Global Affairs Canada’s partnerships and enhance the impacts of our international assistance investments.
The initiative will have two programming windows:
- The Development Impact Window will fund thematic programming by SMOs through calls for preliminary proposals.
- The Innovation Window will invest in innovations that have the potential to address important challenges aligned with Canada’s new policy in ways that are more effective than existing approaches.
Both of these windows will seek to generate impact, evidence, knowledge and learning.
All projects under these windows will be expected to align with Canada’s Feminist International Assistance Policy and should:
- advance the empowerment of women and girls and gender equality
- build partnerships with local organizations in developing countries to support capacity building and the sustainability of initiatives
Information about these two program windows, including when organizations can apply and eligibility criteria, will be posted on this web page as it becomes available.
In addition to the program windows above, this initiative will also allocate funding to improve the capacity and knowledge of Canadian SMOs and their local partners to strengthen the effectiveness of their work.
This includes access to activities to:
- reinforce their capacity to deliver better and more sustainable development results
- enhance knowledge-sharing
- engage the Canadian public as global citizens in support of the Sustainable Development Goals
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The 2030 agenda for sustainable development
- International assistance review
- Canada’s Feminist International Assistance Policy
- Announcement of Small and Medium Organizations for Innovation and Impact and initiative
- Date Modified: